Philippine Rural Development Project
Invitation to Bid for the
Rehabilitation/Improvement of Mahayahay-Manalog Farm to Market Road
Identification No. PRDP-IB-R008-SOL-002-000-000-2015
Loan No. 8421-PH
September 1, 2015
- The Government of the Philippines (GoP) has received a Loan from the World Bank towards the cost of Philippine Rural Development Project and it intends to apply part of the proceeds of this Loan to payments under the contract for the Rehabilitation/Improvement of Mahayahay-Manalog Farm to Market Road / (PRDP-IB-R008-SOL-002-000-000-2015).
- The Provincial Government of Southern Leyte, implementing partner of the Department of Agriculture, now invites bids for the Rehabilitation/Improvement of Mahayahay-Manalog Farm to Market Road. Completion of the Works is required by 680calendar days. Bidders should have completed, within five (5) years, a contract similar to the Project. The description of an eligible bidder is contained in the Bidding Documents, particularly, in Section II. Instructions to Bidders.
- Bidding will be conducted in accordance with relevant procedures for open competitive bidding as specified in the IRR of RA 9184 (R.A. 9184), with some amendments, as stated in these bidding documents and is open to all bidders from eligible source countries as defined in the applicable procurement guidelines of the World Bank. The contract shall be awarded to the Lowest Calculated Responsive Bidder (LCRB) who was determined as such during post-qualification. The Estimated Project Cost for this project is One Hundred Eighty Eight Million Three Hundred Ninety Thousand Pesos (Php 188,390,000.00).
- Interested bidders may obtain further information from the Bids and Awards Committee of the Province of Southern Leyte and inspect the Bidding Documents at the address given below from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, Mondays to Fridays.
- A complete set of Bidding Documents may be purchased by interested Bidders from September 1 – October 1, 2015 from the address below and upon payment of a non-refundable fee for the bidding documents in the amount of Five Thousand Pesos (Php 5,000.00).
It may also be downloaded free of charge from the website of the Philippine Government Electronic Procurement System (PhilGEPS) and the PRDP website (http://www.daprdp.net) provided that bidders shall pay the non-refundable fee for the Bidding Documents not later than the submission of their bids.
As part of the transparency measures being instituted by the Department of Agriculture (DA) the bidders can virtually visit the site of the above-described subproject at http://www.daprdp.net where geotagged base photographs on 50 meter interval and track are viewable. The DA, however, requires that all potential contractors who will be awarded contract under the project shall have undergone geotagging training provided by the PRDP Project Support Office.
- The Provincial Government of Southern Leyte will hold a Pre-Bid Conference on September 17, 2015 at 10:00 AM at the Jose Rizal Hall, Provincial Capitol, Maasin City, which shall be open to all interested parties.
- Bids must be delivered on or before October 2, 2015 at 10:00 AM at the Jose Rizal Hall, Provincial Capitol, Maasin City. All bids must be accompanied by a Bid Securing Declaration or bid security in the amount of Php 3,768,000.00 in the form of Cash or Certified (Cashier’s/Manager’s) Check or Bank Guarantee issued by a Universal or Commercial Bank.
Bids will be opened in the presence of the bidders’ representatives who choose to attend at the address below. Late bids shall not be accepted.
- The Provincial Government of Southern Leyte reserves the right to accept or reject any bid, to annul the bidding process, and to reject all bids at any time prior to contract award, without thereby incurring any liability to the affected bidder or bidders.
- For further information, please refer to:
NELSON G. TAN
Chairman, Bids and Awards Committee
Provincial Engineering Services Office
Capitol Site, Asuncion
Maasin City, Southern Leyte
Tel. No. (053) 570-8906
Signature of the BAC Chairman or Authorized Representative of the BAC Chairman